Why do I need a bankruptcy appraisal?
During bankruptcy, an appraisal of your home is usually required in order for your attorney and bankruptcy court to calculate your net assets. The appraisal report must meet the requirements of the bankruptcy courts.
Purpose of bankruptcy appraisal?
1. market value determination
2. asset determination
3. Second Mortgage and/or HELOC Lien stripping
What type of bankruptcy appraisal report do I need?
There are 4 main types of bankruptcy appraisal reports:
1. full interior appraisal with interior and exterior photos of the property and measurements of the house to determine gross living area and any upgrades or details of the property
2. short form appraisal report, same as full interior but with lesss detail
3. drive-by appraisal, information on the report is from tax records and inspection from the front of the house without setting foot on the premises
4. general purpose desktop appraisal, information from tax records and property characteristics from the client will be used to determine the market value without the appraiser leaving the office; the advantage of this type of report is that the report can be completed within 1 day and the fee is usually $150 to $175; desktop appraisal report is available for Los Angeles county, Orange county, Riverside county, San Diego county, and San Bernardino county
English/Spanish Speaking Appraiser
Providing Bankruptcy Appraisals for Alpine, Bonita, Bonsall, Borrego Springs, Bostonia, Boulevard, Camp Pendleton, Campo, Cardiff, Cardiff by the Sea, Carlsbad, Chula Vista, Coronado, Crest, Del Mar, Descanso, Dulzura, El Cajon, Encinitas, Escondido, Fallbrook, Guatay, Imperial Beach, Jacumba, Jamul, Julian, La Jolla, La Mesa, Lakeside, Lemon Grove, Leucadia, Lincoln Acres, Mount Laguna, National City, Nestor, Ocean Beach, Oceanside, Olivenhain, Pacific Beach, Pala, Palomar Mountain, Paradise Hills, Pauma Valley, Pine Valley, Potrero, Poway, Rainbow, Ramona, Ranchita, Rancho Bernardo, Rancho Santa FE, San Diego, San Luis Rey, San Marcos, San Ysidro, Santa Ysabel, Santee, Solana Beach, Spring Valley, Tecate, Valley Center, Vista, Warner Springs, Temecula, Murrieta, Wildomar, Lake Elsinore, Canyon Lake, Sun City, Hemet, Perris, Homeland, San Jacinto, Irvine, San Clemente, Dana Point, Laguna Niguel, Mission Viejo, Trabuco Canyon, Laguna Hills, Rancho Santa Margarita, El Toro, Lake Forest, Costa Mesa, Balboa, Corona Del Mar, Tustin, Santa Ana, Orange, Huntington Beach, Fountain Valley